Cow Island Day Camp
Cow Island Day Camp is for kids aged 4 to 12, and its a fantastic opportunity to have fun and build friendships on an island lake environment. This summer, camp will run for 5 weeks starting July 3rd on Cow Island. Current BRLA Membership is required for registration.
- 9:00 am to noon, Monday through Friday
- $15 per child, per day.
- Weekly discounted rate: $60 per child, per week.
- Full summer package: $250 per child.
- Drop Ins welcome but please complete registration form before child's first day of camp.
- Week 1: July 3 - 7
- Week 2: July 10 - 14
- Week 3: July 17 - 21
- Week 4: July 24 - 28
- Week 5: July 31 - August 4
Registration is now open! Register online by selecting your session below, completing the online form, and submitting payment. OR use our Registration Form. This form is fillable so once its completed, click "Submit" in the top right corner and follow up with payment. (Or just print the form off and return with payment.) Drop Ins are always welcome but for planning purposes, please use one of these methods to register your child before their first day of camp. Reminder: current BRLA membership is required for registration.
Any questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recreation Employment Opportunity
The Big Rideau Lake Association is seeking a Camp Counsellor to be part of a youth staff team running a Day Camp programme for kids 4 to 12 years old, at Cow Island on Big Rideau Lake. The 2017 Day Camp will run for 5 weeks starting July 3rd from 9-12 a.m. Monday to Friday.
- Minimum age – 16 years
- Competent swimmer
- Experience, skill and enthusiasm for working with children of various ages
- Swimming qualifications preferred: NLS Bronze Medallion qualification (or higher)
- First Aid and CPR is an asset
Staff will be responsible for
- Running the daily programme and assisting with planning
- Collecting and accounting for registration and tuck shop sales
Camp counsellors will be paid $10.60 per hour for 4 hours shift (8:30-12:30) each day. An adult camp coordinator will be involved to assist with programme planning and support.
Applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.