Why join the BRLA?
The BRLA provides valuable services to all those who use the lake and share in its resources.
Membership fees pay for:
- 115 shoal markers from Narrows Lock to Poonamalie Lock. The BRLA installs, monitors and removes these markers each year, ensuring safe passage for boaters on the lake.
- Annual Canada Day fireworks display, off Cow Island. This display is enjoyed by hundreds of boaters, cottagers, visitors and residents from all around the lake.
- Important programs and research to protect and preserve the health of the Rideau Lakes water, shores and wildlife habitats.
As a BRLA member, you:
- receive regular emails about issues of concern and interest related to the lake's community.
- have access to members-only sections of this website, which includes enhanced content and opportunities to engage in discussion with fellow members.
- can participate in recreation programs such as day camps and sailing programs.
- are welcome to join in social, recreational and environmental activities offered throughout the summer on Big Rideau Lake.
Become a member of your lake community! Join the BRLA today!